Who is a good candidate for executive/leadership coaching?
For the coaching candidate
You are ready for my coaching if you:
- Have self-awareness;
- Want to grow and expand;
- Want to contribute more to your organization; and
- Are willing to hold yourself accountable.
For the employer
You will get the value you are looking for when you give executive/leadership coaching to the people who are ready for coaching (see above) and are:
- Your high potentials.
- On the way up.
- Positioned to use what they learn.
- Positioned to significantly impact your business operations.
- Ready to benefit from fine-tuning.
People who are not candidates for coaching:
- Are on their way out.
- Think they are “perfect” and need no improvement.
- See themselves as blame-free while almost always blaming others.
- Have issues better categorized as mental health, not professional/personal development.